This recipe uses our spicy Ginger Honey to create a sweet, spicy, sticky treat that’s perfect for elevenses, as an afternoon snack with a nice up of tea, or even to accompany a tot of something warming on a chilly evening.
- 200g/7¼oz unsalted butter
- 200g/7¼oz demerara sugar
- 200g/7¼oz Denholme Gate Ginger Honey
- 400g/14¼oz porridge oats
- ½ tsp of ground ginger (optional, for more of a spicy kick)
- 50g/1¾oz finely chopped glacé ginger (optional)
- You will also need a 20cm x 30cm (8in x 12in) cake tin, greased
1. Melt the butter, sugar and Denholme Gate Ginger Honey together in a saucepan, stirring occasionally, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved. Add in the oats, ground and chopped ginger, if using, and mix well.
2. Pour the mixture into the greased cake tin and press down until around 2cm (¾in) thick. Use the back of a spoon to smooth over the top, then pop into a preheated oven at 180C/350F/Gas 4 for 15-20 minutes. It’s ready when it’s golden brown around the edges, but with a soft give in the centre.
3. Cool in the tin, then turn out onto a board and cut into squares.